Friday, July 5, 2013

The List: Fabulous books for Girls who LOVE to read

I have four daughters. These books are a must before they are 12 but definitely not for my boy. This is the order I would introduce them to my girls. Truth be told, Lore is 11 and she's only read half these books. I'm going to need to go to the bookstore....I feel a binge coming on.

Fabulous books for Girls who LOVE to read (Don't torture your boys with these books.) 
  1. Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary
  2. Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
  3. Falling In by Frances O'Roark Dowell
  4. Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
  5. The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
  6. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
  7. The Secret Garden by Frances Burnett
  8. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
  9. Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan
  10. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  11. The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elisabeth Speare
  12. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
  13. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
  14. Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
  15. Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin
  16. Island of the Blue Dolphins
  17. Julie of the Wolves by Jean C. George
  18. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
  19. Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
  20. Are you There God? It's me, Margaret by Judy Blume
What's your favorite on this list? What other books are great for girls who love to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment