Friday, June 28, 2013

The List: I binged again.

My daughter Lauren officially turned 11. Middle school this year, ack! We of course went book shopping to celebrate. They will all have my sickness by the time they leave for college. It wasn't really a binge because all my girls got a book, I got a few for me, and Lore picked two, right? She's been jones-ing for Inkspell and Inkdeath and the rest of the Ranger's Apprentice (I only have through 7) but when we got to the store, there were too many other choices.

Our book binge on Middle Grade:
The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau (Lauren's Pick)
The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer (Lauren's Pick)
The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke (me)
The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Warner (for Ava)
The School for Good and Evil by Domain Chainani (Everyone wanted this book)
Pandora Gets Frightened  by Carolyn Hennesy (Ava's Pick)
Wings of Fire: The Dragonet Prophecy by Tui T. Sutherland (Bryn's Pick)
Brave (Morgan's Pick Picture book)

My YA musts:
The Elite by Kiera Cass
The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen

Of all the books, The School for Good and Evil everyone was fighting over who would read it first. And who can blame them, the cover is gorgeous. It makes me drool. Seriously, I'm swallowing spit. Shows the importance of a great cover. It just came out in May. I was drawn to it but read the flap before tucking it under my arm. Bryn and Ava both grabbed it purely on cover and we all laughed that we had picked up 3 copies.

What are your drooling for right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment