Happy Dr. Seuss birthday week (or at least happened this week). I love that the schools celebrate this day. And I love the kids that dress in the full Cat in the Hat garb. While it isn't MG, my favorite Seuss is My Many Colored Days. So simple, so beautiful. I love the black day, I always scare my kids when I howl & growl at every cloud. Today is definitely a yellow day.
What's your favorite Seuss?
My Fave Middle Grade Blog Posts
Industry & Inspiration
- What Booksellers Wish Publishers Knew: Get a Spine! @ My Brain on Books.
- Check Out Our New Baby: eWriting4Kids.com @ Write4Kids.
- Examining Trends vs. Style in Children's Books @ Guide for Literary Agents.
- 10 Trends in Children's Books from 2010 @ Chocolate for Inspiration.
- WOW Wednesday: Cambria Dillon on Loving Your Writer's Butt @ Adventures in Children's Publishing.
- Writers Who Review Books @ Ink Spells.
- MG Book Review: Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson @ Dutch Hill News.
- All Aboard the Fantasy Train @ From the Mixed-up Files...
- Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George @ Middle Grade Ninja.
- Tween Tuesday: Team OWL Reviews The Emerald Atlas @ The O.W.L.
- Reading Middle Grade: Two Great Examples @ That's Another Story.
- MMGM plus Our First Giveaway @ My Comfy Chair.
- Author Spotlight: Michael P Spradlin @ Write About Now. (the funk so brother...I can't help myself.)
- MMGM: The Atomic Weight of Secrets @ Book Dreaming.
In a completely non-MG sidebar: is anyone else following Charlie Sheen on twitter? The man is crazy. A sincere train wreck. But I'm addicted. I don't really follow celebs but my husband hooked me on the tiger blood. Winning.