Tuesday, March 15, 2011

MGMTD: The Bracket

Here she is, it was tough to pick just 16 books from the 2010 middle grade fiction list. Honestly, I don't know how librarians do it. Now I stuck to fiction because that's what I write and it's my blog. And I placed them in categories and we'll go from there. I also picked books that I own or want to own. Yeah, I'm going to be doing a lot of reading.

Because I haven't read all of these, I am open to anyone who would like to guest blog, review, and pick a winner. If you're interested, leave a comment stating which match-up you would like to review.

Otherwise, I'll reveal the winners at random over the course of the month...and possibly next month or however long it takes to finish. This is for book-nerd fun. So really, if you want to review, I promise, you'll get the gig.

The Middle Grade Mega Throw Down (MGMTD) 2011 Bracket
(must be MG and released in 2010)

Opening Round Match Ups:
[Newbery vs Golden Kite]

Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
vs.
Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer L. Holm


[Fiction]

Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine
vs.
It's Raining Cupcakes by Lisa Schroeder


[Mermaids]

Forbidden Sea by Sheila Nielson
vs.
Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs


[Princesses]

The Secret Lives of Princesses by Philippe Lechermeier
vs.
Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt


[Golden Kite Humor Vs Cybils MG Fiction]

vs.


[Bestsellers]

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
vs.


[Science Fiction and Fantasy]

vs.
Falling In by Frances O'Roark Dowell


[Steampunk]

The Clockwork Three by Matthew Kirby
vs.

Quarterfinals:
Category 1: Newbery/Kite vs Fiction
Category 2: Mermaids vs Princesses
Category 3: Humor/Cybils vs Bestsellers
Category 4: SF/F vs Steampunk

Semifinals:
Category 1 vs 2
Category 3 vs 4

Finals:
Last books standing

Rules: You get a point for ever correct winner you pick. So look over The Bracket, and email me your picks at brookefav [at] gmail [d0t] com.

The beauty of playing is that you don't have to read the books to pick a winner. So let me ask you, do you feel lucky?

The person with the most points will win a copy of the winning book OR a book of their choice from the bracket list.

I'll be reviewing the Steampunk category next Tuesday. Let the battle begin.



No comments:

Post a Comment