When you find a story to write, what comes to you first: plot or character?
Top Ten Blog Posts on Developing Characters
- Is Your MC Proactive or Reactive? @ Rachelle Gardner.
- What Makes a Character? @ Kidlit.
- Writing Advice From Some Old Guys At My Gym @ Nathan Bransford.
- A Character-Based View of Plot @ Brooklyn Arden.
- In the Flesh: Fleshing Out Flat Characters @ The Other Side of the Story.
- Guest Blogger: Matilda McCloud: Avoiding On-the-nose Writing @ Rachelle Gardner.
- Question about Character Motivation and Action @ Edittorrent.
- 5 Ways to Write Character Thoughts Worth More Than a Penny @ Wordplay.
- Depth of Character @ Writer Unboxed.
- What Motivates Your Character? @ The Blood-Red Pencil.
My favorite character right now is Katniss from The Hunger Games series. I'm so excited for the movie, and they don't even have a cast yet. Who's your favorite character from a book?