As I convert my story from 3rd to 1st, it's predominately in a boy perspective but about 4 chapters swap to his younger sister. I didn't want to swap but it has to be done. An unfortunate part of switching to 1st. When I get to the sister chapters, I skip over them because I haven't quite found her voice. I understand her character but I'm not entirely there yet. Her voice has to be undeniably her when you read the first sentence and that's a challenge. I'm saving her for the end.
Any tips for creating distinction between two POVs?
- SCBWI Summer Conference Registration Opens (today) @ Alice Pope's SCBWI Children's Market Blog.
- Live Query Event with Natalie Fischer @ WriteOnCon.
- Books with Boy Heroes @ From the Mixed-Up Files...
- Interview with Lit Agent Judith Engracia @ Literary Rambles.
- 7 ?'s for Lit Agent Adriann Ranta @ Middle Grade Ninja.
- Brand X @ Write About Now.
- 12 Tips for Twitterphobes @ Shrinking Violet Promotions.
- Retreat! Retreat! @ Dystel & Goderich Literary Management.
- Showing Emotion: Boys vs. Girls @ Ink Spells.
- When We're Talking Series @ Project Mayhem.
- N is for Names @ That's Another Story.
- Show and Tell @ Lenny's World.
- Don't Ignore Logic When Writing Fiction for Children @ Write4Kids!
- The Outline: A Weapon in the War on Writer's Block @ Adventures in Children's Publishing.
- Proof in the Pessimist's Pudding @ Tracy Edward Wymer.
- You Need a Complete Manuscript @ Kidlit.
- MMGM: Nerds (+ Giveaway) @ Shannon Whitney Messenger.
- MMGM: The Fourth Stall @ Kid Lit Frenzy.
- MMGM: Fashionista Edition @ My Comfy Chair.
- MMGM: Beyonders by Brandon Mull @ Writer About Now.
- MMGM: The Alychemyst, The Magician, and The Sorceress @ Night Writer.
- MMGM: How Moving @ My Brain on Books.
- MMGM: Invisible Inkling @ Book Dreaming.
- MMGM: Jan Markley @ Just Deb!
- Audio Review: The Shadows (The Books of Elsewhere #1) @ The O.W.L.
- Bloodline Rising by Katy Moran (tween) @ Charlotte's Library.
- Okay For Now by Gary D Schmidt @ Tracy Edward Wymer.
Other MG Roundups
- This Sunday's round-up of MG F/SF @ Charlotte's Library.
Did I miss anyone? Who inspired you this week?